The 6th Annual Nearly Naked Mile was a success with over 100 students and over 50 pounds of clothing donated for Hurricane Relief!!
The Student Alumni Association (SAA) is a student group focused on connecting students with alumni, promoting student engagement and school spirit and instilling the value of philanthropy among the campus community. Established in 2011, SAA works within the UNC Asheville Office of Alumni Relations to enhance the student experience on campus and prepare students for life after UNC Asheville.
- Access to networking and professional development opportunities with alumni, the UNCA Alumni Board of Directors and university faculty & staff.
- Experience in event planning and program management
- Training in the importance of philanthropy and lifelong relationships with your alma mater
For Executive Board
- Attendance at Executive Meetings, General Assembly Meetings and all events (please notify Chair and Advisor if you are unable to attend)
Work as a team to oversee the overall planning, organizing, and implementation of all events.
- These events will be integral in supporting and promoting the mission of the Student Alumni Association
- Representing SAA at key campus events like Rockypalooza, Admitted Students Day, Alumni Board of Directors meetings, Homecoming, etc.
For General Assembly
- Regular attendance at General Assembly Meetings and events
- Be a member of at least one committee (Alumni Connections, Student Engagement or Philanthropy)
- Assist with the planning, organization and implementation of your specific committee’s events
The purpose of the Student Alumni Association is to connect current students with alumni, promote student engagement and school spirit and instill the value of philanthropy among the campus community. Our goal is to enhance the student experience by providing ways to strengthen service and lifelong loyalty to UNC Asheville.
How to Join
Interested in joining our leadership board or becoming a volunteer? Fill out the Interest Form at the top of the page or contact Jackson Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Alumni Association Contact Information
Office: 118 W.T. Weaver Blvd, 2nd Floor, Room 218
To learn more about the Student Alumni Association or find out about meeting times, feel free to reach out to the Organization President, Jackson Myers, at email@example.com
Meetings are open to all students and take place on Tuesdays from 6pm to 7pm. Locations vary. Contact us for more information.