There are lots of ways you can stay connected and get involved with your alma mater! Check back here for updates on opportunities to visit your alma mater, networking with Bulldogs in your area, and ways to be engaged in our online communities.
Student Engagement Committee:
Chair, Jeremy Shrader
Committee Members: Hannah Billington, Mark Dann, David Greene, Drew Heath, Josh Tan, Tonya Robinson
Purpose/Mission: The committee shall consider issues relating to the interaction between UNC Asheville students and Alumni. Specifically, members of the committee will work
closely with the Student Alumni Association (SAA) to offer support through participation in programs and advocacy of facilitating meaningful connections between students and alumni. This committee also assists with the University’s Office of Admission and Financial Aid to support the recruitment of students to the University. Members shall also work with the University, including the Career Center, in promoting opportunities for Alumni to assist UNC Asheville students through career exploration, internships and cooperative education experiences, career networking, and mentoring opportunities.
This committee meets monthly via conference & video calls, on the 4 th Tuesday of each month
from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. 2019: Nov. 26 // 2020: Jan. 28, Feb. 25, March 24, April 28 and May 26.
The 2020 meetings are subject to change.
Chair, Cortland Mercer ‘11
The Philanthropy Committee is comprised of dedicated alumni who are committed to building financial capacity for the institution we love. As students, we benefited from the support of alumni who came before us, and as a committee our goal is to continue that legacy and help UNC Asheville achieve its vision to become one of the premier liberal arts and sciences colleges in the world. That can only happen with financial support – to help fund scholarships for deserving students, to support ground-breaking academic research, and to improve our community both regionally and globally. To achieve these goals, committee members are expected to participate in monthly meetings, act as advocates for UNC Asheville in their communities, and to support UNC Asheville’s advancement office on an ongoing basis. If you’re interested in getting involved, please email the committee chair for more information.
Meeting Time: 3 rd Thursday of every month at 4pm EST
Alumni Connections Committee:
Chair, Kristen Lawson ‘14
The goal of the Alumni Connections Committee is to engage past, present, and future UNC Asheville alumni in the happenings of the University. Alumni play a critical role in the success of the students as well as the university. Making connections and creating networks to catalyze success are at the core of the Alumni Connections Committee mission. Therefore, the committee acts as a conduit for new ideas to bring alumni closer to their alma mater by organizing and supporting University events and activities, as well as proposing and executing alum-specific activities. These activities include planning Homecoming and Family Weekend activities, as well as revamping traditional UNC Asheville events for alumni.
Standard Meeting Times:
Every 3 rd Wednesday @ 4:30 EST. Next meeting Wednesday November 20th
*With additional meetings scheduled as necessary leading up to major events
Alumni Association on Social Media
Make a Gift
- Connect with students through the Student Alumni Association's Bonding with a Bulldog and Bulldog Connections programs. If you are interested in speaking to students, sharing your story, or offering career advice, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. You could be our next alumni speaker!
- We have the UNC Asheville online Book Club that you can join at any time.
- Serve on one of the three Alumni Board of Directors Committees. See details below:
- Follow us on social media for updates on events, news, and happenings at your alma mater.
- Participate in our annual social media campaigns and keep an eye out for new contests and opportunities to engage.
- You can designate your gift to the area that matters to you. Make your gift today and help keep UNC Asheville ranked as one of the top liberal arts universities, year after year!
- Serve as a GiveCampus Advocate. Without the support and volunteer time of people like you, UNC Asheville would not be able to offer a world-class, liberal arts education to thousands of students. Here are a few examples of annual campaigns you could serve as an advocate for: