We love to hear from alumni and so do your classmates! Here are the updates on the accomplishments, career moves, family news, fascinations and celebrations of UNC Asheville graduates. This page is updated frequently, so be sure to check back often to see what your fellow alumni are doing. While you're here, why not add your own class note? It might even be featured in the UNC Asheville Magazine!
- Audra Coleman has won a 2018 Confluence Award for Excellence in Creative Writing from the Association of Graduate Liberal Studies Programs.
- Austin Dowdy acceped a full-time position with Conduent, a technology-led business processing company, and will begin graduate school for a Master of Arts in English at Gardner-Webb University in the fall of 2018.
- Kayla Dunn officially moved to Florida to work for the Walt Disney World Company as a Jungle Cruise Skipper.
- Bree Fitzgerald signed with the TV Saarlouis Royals on May 3, 2018 and will be traveling to Germany August 2018 to join the team.
- Jordan Fullbright was awarded the NC State Jenkins Graduate School MAC Fellowship.
- Nef Karismaida and Cody Fenison '17 got married at the Buncome County Courthouse on April 2nd, 2018 with two of their friends as witnesses. Cody is finishing his service year with AmeriCorps Project MARS while Nef is working on honing her bilingualism in hope of becoming a certified translator one day
- Raekwon Miller signed a professional contract with the Dragons Rhöndorf of the 2. Basketball-Bundesliga/ProB league in Germany.
- Christa Mullis was awarded the Monbukagakusho (MEXT) scholarship, a full scholarship by the Japanese government, to attend Hiroshima University graduate school of International Development and Cooperation, to study comparative education for students with disabilities.
- Kayli Nichols was nameed Big South co-Woman of the Year and has been nominated by the Big South Conference for the national NCAA Woman of the Year.
- Noah Poulos is harvesting wild sumac berries to add a local tang to seasonings.
- The Asheville Chamber of Commerce hired Maxwell Olle as an Analyst who will be revisioning community and economic fact sheets and industry focus reports.
- Tracy Walker has announced that her business, Peaks & Creeks Brewing Co., will have a grand opening on June 2, 2018.
- Michaela Scilex accepted a position teaching 9th and 10th grade math at Venture Academy in Mineapolis, MN.
- Jacob Secor is a member of a student jazz ensemble dubbed The Secret Quartet, performing all-original compositions. He also plays sax with the popular jazz/funk outfit Window Cat.
Morgan Davidson is a J.D. Candidate at the Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law.
Madeline Delp, 2017 Ms. Wheelchair U.S.A., is continuing her nationwide Boundless Tour, a campaign to inspire people to test their limits.
Alexandra van Dorsten is traveling south east Asia and will be back to grad school in the spring.
Ben Eisdorfer accepted a position as a Marketing Coordinator for Trilion Quality Systems.
Lauren Etheridge is a Grad Assistant for the Cross Country Team at Auburn University Montgomery.
Mark Gotwald started a new job teaching English in Russia.
Greg Lamont Hall II recently started a position at the Asheville City Schools Foundation as a In Real Life After School Lead Youth Development Coordinator.
Davis Jett accepted a position at a software company as a data analyst in Asheville.
Devin Lamoureax married his wife, Rina, on Marth 10, 2017 and recntly accepted a position at the Asheville VA as a Medical Support Assistant working in Community Care.
Madeline McLeod is traveling the US with Kickass Catering.
Amber Mottram will be graduating with a Masters in Gender, Globalization, and Rights from NUI Galway in Ireland in November, 2018.
Allison Schaffer is starting her first teaching job at West Henderson High School.
Connor Siegmeister got admitted to the University of Florida Law School on a full ride scholarship.
Megan Smith and Casey Harrel '14 were married at their home in Swannanoa, NC surrounded by their closest friends and family on May 4, 2018.
Stephanie Smith just marked one year with Highlight Magazine and is currently working on the Circuit Riders' 21 Project.
Sky Taylor accepted the Operator Position for MSD Wastewater Reclamation Facility, and is ecpecting her second child in June 2018.
Kara Thompson was recently hired as the new weekend meteorologist and MMJ at KLST in San Angelo, Texas.
Allegra Torres is volunteering with Wild South and is working at the NC State Mountain Horticulture and Research Extention Center.
Justin Woods enjoyed a solid career at UNC Asheville and is now playing professionally in Germany for the Huenstetten Storm.
Gray Barrett will be starting an M.A./Ph.D. program in political science at Emory University this fall.
Lauren Bergenbush accepted a position as the new high school English teacher at Westminster High School in Colorado.
Bryan Berry married Tina Vue Berry on Saturday March 17, 2018.
Carolyn Brown recently started working at the Carter Center with the Democracy Program.
Devin Browning moved to Somerville, Massachusetts and joined the Donor Services Team at The Greater Boston Food Bank.
John Browning was recently recruited by KPMG in their Deal Advisory Group in New York City.
TJ Daniel started working for Bunnell Lammons Engineering as a Hydrogeologist, and will be receiving his Masters in Hydrogeology and will be walking in December, 2018.
George Etheredge works as a freelance photographer, primarily for The New York Times.
Tessa Frank recently graduated with a Master of Research in Neuroscience degree from the University of Sussex and has begun a PhD in Neurobiology at Heidelberg University researching peripheral mechanisms of chronic pain.
Anna Gelbach relocated to Tokyo, Japan after accepting a position teaching preschool and after school at an English Immersion Academy.
Corey Goddard started a mushroom farm called Black Mountain Mushrooms.
Emil Gonsalvez recently promoted at Northwest Mutual to a Recruitment & Development Coordinator position after initially working as a Financial Representative Intern.
Mariah Ingram recently got engaged to Keaton MacLean and is scheduled to be married on June 20, 2018.
Harrison Johnston is now band manager for an internationally touring jazz act (Jonathan Scales Fourchestra).
Jordan Jurinsky has taken a Research Assistantship position at Vanderbilt University while pursuing a masters in education at the University.
Corey Lea is a meteorologist for KSWO in Lawton, Oklahoma.
Paige Love was promoted to Assistant Coach of the Texas State Women's Basketball team.
Hanna Mathis spent 24 days on the Mystical Yoga Farm in Southwest Guatemala and received her RYT-200 training to become a cerrtified yoga instructor.
Italo Medelius moved to New York City after graduating and began a career in Workforce Development. He began as an entry-level Employment Coordinator at Henry Street Settlement and is now the Internship Program & Recruitment Manager at the world-renowned High Line Park in the Chelsea neighborhood in NYC. Medelius was also appointed as a Board Member by NYC Councilman Corey Johnson to serve a two-year term on Manhattan Community Board 4 from 2017-2019. He is currently obtaining a Masters of Science in Industrial & Labor Relations from Baruch College.
James Neal won second place in Business Writing at the NC Press Association and was part of the newsroom that won first place in News Enterprise Reporting.
Amanda Nix is currently wrapping up a seasonal environmental education position at the NC Botanical Garden as is preparing to begin an 11-month AmeriCorps term in WV as Trout Unlimited's Stream Restoration and Monitoring Organizer.
Joshua Norvell recently accepted a position as Director of Operations at Mount Inspiration.
Bailey Parton moved to Durham and accepted a position as a nurse at a local dermatology practice, and is volunteering as an EMT in the surrounding counties.
Delaney Ryder accepted a position with Myers and Stauffer in Austin, TX. Myers and Stauffer is a large national firm that specializes in consulting and auditing work for governmental healthcare entities.
Mason Ryon recently joined the Johnson Price Sprinkle PA as an Associate.
Paola Salas Paredes accepted a position as the Community Outreach and Investigation Specialist for the Charlottesville's Office of Human Rights.
Miranda Satterfield recently bought a house and is now working as a Lab Tech for Genova Diagnostics.
Dana Schlanger won the 2017 Appalachian Studies Association Carl A. Ross student paper award for her senior thesis, "'It Was The Writing Of Them, That Signified:' Reshaping Reader Perceptions of Appalachian and Disabled Identities in Lee Smith’s Fair and Tender Ladies."
Christy Seagraves was recently promoted to Assistant Store Manager at Dillard's.
Tyler Smith will serve as an Assistant Coach at Queens University in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Kasie Smith-Woodman got married to Joseph Caswell on July 22, 2018.
Jonathan Sowder and his formal roomate/captain on UNC Asheville Men's Ultimate and I now play/work for the Raleigh Flyers, Raleigh professional ultimate frisbee team in Raleigh NC. I have been spearheading the Flyers media and outreach campaigns while William 'Clint' McSherry was signed in February following a professional debut in 2016 with the former Charlotte Express.
Sarah Umsted recently accepted the position of South Carolina State Director with Impact America.
- Kate Averett graduated in May from UNC Chapel Hill with an M.A. in Art History and recently started working as the Project Coordinator at Black Mountain College Museum and Arts Center.
Braethun Bharathae-Lane released a self-titled Album with other Alumni from the Music Tech department under the band name Bendy Cat!
Erin Bishop '15 and William Voss '15 got married on June 2, 2017.
- Hunter Bryant was recently appointed as Assistant Baseball Coach and Recruiting Coordinator at Mars Hills University.
- Rachel Collman recently started a new position with Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts in Boston as the Get Real Educator, supporting teen peer leaders in sexuality education, youth development, and sexual health advocacy.
- Bethany Coomes recently accepted the position as Membership Associate for Open Path Psychotherapy.
- Adrian Etheridge & Jeremy Gower were married on May 7, 2016.
- Giovanni Figaro became a Certified Puclic Accountant, and acceped the position as an Accounting Technician at UNC Asheville.
- Chloe Gagin is finishing an internship at the U.S. Department of Agriculture this fall and will be receiving a Masters in Economics from American University in December, 2018.
- Morgan Heflin is engaged to Ryan Renfrow, to be married in 2018.
- Amanda Larsen got married to Joe Pasini on July 9th, 2016.
- Corey Littlejohn is married to Janel Cox Littlejohn and recently had a baby boy, Winfield, on September 16, 2017.
- Olivia Medoff accepted a position to be a Registered Behavior Technician afer pursuing comedy in Chicago.
- Hannah Noël will be graduating in May from UNC Chapel Hill with a Master's in Library Science and moving to Washington DC to intern with the Library of Congress.
- Lisa Riggsbee accepted the position as Association Director of Community Health at YMCA of the greater Charlotte area.
- Davanna Saunders married Caleb Suttles on December 16, 2016.
- John Schubel is now the Senior Internet Marketing Analyst at ROI Revolution, Inc.
- Jorja Smith is working as the Marketing Communications Coordinator at Omni Grove Park Inn.
- Molly Smithson now resides in Portland, Oregon, where she recently founded her own digital marketing firm, Arete Media.
- Hayes Pierson is the owner and entrepreneur of CommanderSociety.com, a site that provides content and networks in the gaming industry.
- Erin Voss completed a Master's degree in Political Science from Appalachain State University.
- William Voss accepted a full-time position as the Technical Director for High Country Soccer Association.
- James Whalen accepted the Presidential Scholarship to attend UNC Chapel Hill Law School starting fall of 2018.
- Leigh Whittaker received a promotion to legislative assistant for Congressman David Price.
- Kelsey Armbruster recently founded her own yoga company.
- Darrell Jack (DJ) Cunningham had a daughter, RayLynn, on September 13, 2016.
- Ian Graham is now an HR Generalist for the San Diego Padres and currently enrolled in Penn State's graduate program in Human Resource Management and Employment Relations.
- Alexx Diera earned her M.S. Degree in Crop and Soil Sciences at the University of Georgia on August 3, 2018.
- Andy Dolina was married to Sarah Merritt '14 on September 2, 2017.
Dee Bitner Eisel got married on June 3, 2017 to Nelson Eisel.
- Cassandra Harvey now works as a Water Resources Specialist with Spkane County Environmental Services.
- Susan Hicks and Joshua Hicks welcomed a baby boy named Isaac on June 10, 2017.
- Clare Innes will soon be married to Joshua Owen '14 on April 28, 2018.
- Candice Jordan is working as a museum program specialist at the Schiele Museum in Gastonia, NC, and also welcomed a handsome son, Thomas, in October 2017.
- Ashley Kent was selected as a homebuilding superstar by Professional Builder as a part of their 40 Under 40 Class of 2018.
- Andrea Langefeld pursued a career in competitive long distance sled dog racing. She is currently living and working in Langfjordbotn, Norway helping to train a team of Alaskan Huskies for the 2017 Finnmarksløpet.
- Kristen Lawson is now a tax consultant with Deloitte.
- Emily Munroe is actively working in the Atlanta film industry and is in the work union, IATSE Local 161 as a script supervisor.
- Kimberly Noble graduated with her Master of Arts Degree in Arts Administration from Winthrop University in December, 2017.
- Sarah Ozatici started a position as a software developer for Lenovo in October 2016 and married Yunus Ozatici in April 2017.
- Hannah Pollard recently started a new position as Health Sciences Librarian at Pacific Northwest University.
- Kyle Ponder recently started working as a Commercial Loan Closing Specialist for Hometrust Bank.
- Margaret Swearingen recently left BMW for a position as Accountant at Rödl & Partner.
- Gabriel Warren '14 and Drew Hines '15 are getting married on October 14, 2017.
Abby Agriesti moved to Chicago and recently started a job as a Communications Specialist for SEIU Healthcare.
Hannah Bayles is a full-time Real Estate Broker with Beverly-Hanks in North Asheville.
Taylor Bell recently joined Colton Groome & Company as an operations specialist.
Alan Bozarth accepetad a position as a Test Engineer for MC Assembly.
Sarah (Ogles) Cheng married Gok Cheng '05.
Rebekah David accepted a position as UX Designer at Amazon in Seattle, Washington.
Ryan Dull, Oakland Athletics right-handed relief pitcher remains focused and optimistic on his eventual return to action in the major leagues.
Katelyn Ehle will be graduating May 2017 with her Masters in Social Work from UNC Chapel Hill.
Beth Erickson retired from the City of Asheville and is pursuing a nursing degree from AB Tech.
Natalie Garrett recently graduated from Duke University with a Masters in Public Policy.
Brittany Gollins married Kenneth Gollins on September 16, 2017.
Hannah Grace will be married to Erich Hoffmann '15 in June 2018.
Lauren Gunter and Cody Mink were recently married.
Chelsie Kenley married Will McClung on July 8, 2017.
In January 2018 Tim Koerger, mountain bike photographer joined TGR in Bentonville, Arkansas to shoot TGR Tested 2018.
Melanie Kulesz recently married Branden Lassen '13 on September 30, 2018.
Samuel Maynard married Katelyn Bradley on April 16th, 2016.
Marah Laurie and Peter Mencher ’11 were married on Sept. 10, 2016, in Lake Lure, N.C.
Jesse Scudder-Cotherman and Lisa Marx '13 were married on April 28, 2018.
Anna Stearns is attending law school at Campbell University School of Law.
Rebecca Telberg joined the staff at the Community Foundation of Western North Carolina as Development Associate.
Joe Tracey, III and Jackie Starkey '13 were engaged June 5, 2018.
Hanna Trussler and Derek Patton ’12 were married on Aug. 27, 2016.
Rebecca Wertheim was recently awarded Teacher of the Year for Asheville City Schools.
Clara Wilson has been working almost two years at the NCSU's Hunt Library
Katherine Woodard is working as a 1st grade teacher at a Title I school in Charlotte, NC for the Americorps program Teach for America.
- Kelsey Baired had a baby boy named Reavis Allen Baired.
- Molly Burch unveils lead single 'Wild' from her new album, First Flower, which will be released on October 5, 2018.
- Erin Greger married Weston Brown '13 on October 7, 2017.
- Leah Hargrove was presented with the 2018 Humanatarian Award on June 26 in Bismarck, N.D. during a City Commission Meeting.
- Ayden Jones recently accepted a position at UNC Asheville's NC Center for Health and Wellness as a Project Manager for Fall Prevention with the center's Healthy Aging Initiative.
- Sarah Irene Maher '12 married Sid Laws on June 24, 2017.
- Mary Tucker got married to Beau Zinman '12 on July 16, 2016.
- Emily Warren McCurry celebrated the Grand Opening of her own branch of Edward Jones in Hendersonville, NC this month. She is happy to be currently representing UNCA as the only female Jones financial advisor in Henderson County.
- Heather McGaha got married to Daniel Smith ' 09 on August 25, 2018.
- Hannah Montgomery was accepted into a dual degree program in 2016 and is pursuing a JD in International Human Rights Law and a MA in International Studies.
- Allison Nalley-Costanzo married Pail Costanzo on August 5, 2017.
- Roberta Neuhausler became the Assistant Director of the Auxiliary Board at the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Jess Peete graduated from the Heller School for Social Policy and Management with an MBA and MA in Sustainable International Development.
- Kyle Smith joined the North Raleigh office of the North State bank as a Commercial Loan Portfolio Manager.
- Phillip Michael Vaughn married Abigail Walker Williams on September 17, 2016.
- Casey Ward and Lauren Ward had a baby boy, Remington, on July 21, 2016.
- Karina Zimmerman '12 and Devin Zimmerman '10 welcomed a baby boy, Aiden, on August 1, 2015.
Molly Austin recently graduated with a Master of Arts in Human Services from Lenoir-Rhyne University.
Adam Dalton is the founder and owner of Dalton Distillery, based in Asheville, NC.
Evan Foote-Hudson was promoted to Destination Experience Manager at the Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Betsy Gaines welcomed a baby girl, Micah.
Courtney Galatioto recently starting working as the Director of Stakeholder Relations at a DC-based nonprofit is currently pursuing a Masters Degree at Johns Hopkins.
Jonathan Griffin '11 and Katherine Kendall '12 got married on June 4th, 2017.
Ashley Hayes graduated with a Master's of Science in Social Work from University of Tennessee, and is now employed as a social worker at The Mental Health Cooperative in Nashville, TN.
Anna Hodan is a registered nurse at Spartanburg Regional Hospital, was recently profiled by Clemson University as an alum taking an accelerated path to new careers in healthcare.
Donald Lear accepted a research engineering position with Georgia Tech Research Institute's Aerospace, Transportation & Advanced Systems Laboratory in Smyrna, GA.
Cortland Mercer married Stephanie Kelly on the weekend of July 16, 2016.
Beth Porter's first book, 'Reduce, Reuse, Reimagine: Sorting Out the Recycling System', publishes in November 2018.
Emily Porter-Fyke accepted position as Information Literacy Librarian at Western New England University in Springfield, MA.
David Pickett is now a member of the North Greenville University track and field coaching staff.
Jacob Rowley was recently promoted to Research Scientist at Tripod Education Partners.
John and Michelle Savard '11 are the faces behind one of Wilmington's first breweries, Wilmington Brewing Company, but their business did not start as a brewery but a home brewing store that was transformed.
James Shelton is currently working for the Department of Housing and Urban Development in New York City.
Serena Vonkchalee joined Deloitte & Touche LLP as a Sr. Government Pricing Analyst.
John Williams and Whitney Williams recently found out they will be having a baby girl.
Miranda Wilson is now an occupational therapist living in Boston, MA after about a year living abroad in Russia with Patrick Brown '11.
Christina Xiong's debut chapbook, The Gathering Song, is being published by Finishing Line Press. The release date is July 13, 2018.
- Ben Alexander and Sara Alexander '11 are proud parents of their baby daughter, Seda Joan Alexander.
- Jessika Bond and Brandon Bond '12 welcomed baby girl, Hadley, on June 22, 2016.
- Lisa Cook and Lee Morrison recently became guardians of 9 year old Bella in April, 2017.
- Price Dickson graduated from the University of Illinois School of Veterinary Medicine.
- Sara Greene and Bryan Greene ’08 had a baby girl, Elizabeth, on Sept. 18, 2016.
- Amber Harrelson-Williams has taken on the new role as Program Associate at the Community Foundation of Western North Carolina.
- Greg Hicks and his wife welcomed their son, Finnick, in December 2017. Greg was also promoted to Director of Support Services at the Mecklenburg County Bar.
- Brian Hunt and wife Kella had a baby boy, Finley, on Aug. 15, 2016.
- Rachel Prather recently became a National Board Certified Teacher.
- Nathan Silsbee and Rachel Hollis were married on Sept. 10, 2016, in Flat Rock, N.C.
- Leah Smith is now a program officer at the Center for Health Care Strategies.
- Leslie Smith got marred to Raphael Brochand on September 17, 2017.
- Nathaniel Speier recently became the Noncommissioned Officer-in-Charge of the Hohenfels Law Center, Germany.
- Lindsay Stockman recently accepted and started as the Director of Prevention Services at Western Youth Network in Boone, NC.
- Lauren Turnburke married Brandon Harper on Sept. 24, 2016.
- Caroline Parworth recently received her PhD in Agricultural and Environmental Chemistry at the University of California Davis. She has also been awarded the NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellowship at the NASA Ames Research Center in Silicon Valley. Her research will focus on measuring greenhouse gases in the Earth's atmosphere for satellite validation and routine measurements in the Western US.
- Ana Baker and her wife Ophelia welcomed a baby girl, Delilah, on May 16, 2016.
- Michelle Barbeau was recently appointed development director of Historic Rural Hill.
- Casey Bernath and Bill Bernath ’08 had a baby girl, Rose, on Aug. 24, 2016.
- Caroline Blankenship and Zach Blankenship had a baby boy, Harrison, on April 5, 2017.
- Rebekah Boore married Jonathan Boore on September 26, 2015.
- Aaron Dahlstrom accepted a position as a Digital Marketing Specialist at Graham-Pelton.
- Chelsea Evans moved to Greensboro in January 2018 to persue a promotion within The Fresh Market Corporate Office.
- Elizabeth Fisher recently completed her PhD in Cell Biology and moved to Albany, NY to complete a post doctoral fellowship at the Neural Stem Cell Institute.
- Katie Hicks started a new job at Educational Partners International in Swannanoa, NC.
- Michelle Magee got married to Joseph Magee on October 1, 2016.
- Liz McCarthy was nominated as "Chicago Break Out Artist" by NewCity Magazine in 2017.
- Terry Munroe and wife Sarah welcomed a baby girl, Riley, on June 21, 2016.
- Natalie Noah joined the WBRZ Weather Team as a Meteorologist in April 2018 and resides in Baton Rouge.
- Aubree Pierce accepted a new position as the West Coast Regional Program Specialist with the national nonprofit, The Campus Kitchens Project.
- Karen Rigsby and Josh Rigsby had a baby girl, Maeve, on April 9, 2017.
- Ariel Robinson is Asheville City Schools’ Teacher of the Year for 2016-17.
- Meredith Wagner-Hoehn was married to her husband, Frank Frye, in April 2017.
- Lauren Wingo, MD, MPH accepted the position as an Emergency Medicine Physician at Mission Medical Associates.
- Omar Ahmad and Anna Beth Parlier '13 got married on June 17, 2017.
- Emily Bowers and Ethan Bowers welcomed a baby boy, Owen John Bowers, on August 18, 2017.
- Erin Cutrell and Greg Cutrell '08 welcomed their first child, Gracelyn into the world in December.
- Rachel Ann Brothers recently had a second son, James, with Nathan Brothers.
- Larkin Ford is a limited-term lecturer of drawing and painting. Ford’s work has been included in The Oxford American magazine’s New Superstars of Southern Art and awarded “Best in Show” by juror Radcliffe Bailey in a 2016 Georgia State exhibition.
- Stephanie Casey Fuhs is an Assistant School Leader at KIPP Jacksonville Elementary in Florida.
- Sarah Giavedoni is now a social media and content development assistant at Beverly-Hanks & Associates.
- Harry Johnson started a new job with Cypress Creek Renewables in May, 2017.
- Carrie Jordan had a baby, Justice, on July 13, 2015.
- Dustin Justus '08 married Jessica Barnes on June 24, 2017.
- Lauren Kortas-Peer got married to Corree Peer on September 30, 2017, and was also named Teacher of the Year at Parkway West Middle School (Chesterfield, MO).
- The Arts & Science Council (ASC) has recently Kathryn Miller as its Vice President of Development.
- Molly Wilkens and Taylor Brown were married on August 15, 2018. Molly M.Ed., Accepted a new position with a national non profit, BELL, as the Learning and Innovation Specialist.
- Daniel Winger worked his way up through the banking field, becoming an Assitant Manager, prior to leaving the banking world to try finance. He was able to be promoted to run his own finance branch as a manager.
- Kim Barto Buck was named the 2017 Rising Star for the Southeast U.S. district of the National Council for Marketing & Public Relations (NCMPR).
- Angela Brisson joined the Camping State Team, as Extension Assistant, NC 4-H Camping in our State 4-H Office on Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
- Liza Burke married Steve Bates on June 11, 2016.
- Stephen Burnich and Amanda Burnich ’06 had a baby boy, Wells, on July 27, 2016.
- Stacy Clore and Nathan Bauer '07 had a baby girl, Lilah, on November 25, 2016.
- Steve Dellinger and Holly Dellinger '08 welcomed a baby girl, Caroline, on July 4, 2017.
- Lauren Fox joins the Public School Forum of North Carolina as Senior Director of Policy.
- Crystal Goure married Leanne Christine in December 2017, and started a new career as the Graphic Design Specialist for YMCA of WNC in January 2018.
- Jessica Jackson has been named Asheville City Schools' Teacher of the Year.
- Beth Mancuso Mills '07 married Kyle Mills on November 13, 2016.
- Rachel Martin and her husband Michael Murphy '06 had a baby boy, Camden, on March 31, 2017.
- Phillip McGuffee is now the Production Manager at Blue Rudge Biofuels.
- John Noor and Caroline Noor welcomed their first child, John, on January 19, 2017.
- Joshua O'Conner and Lexi Binns-Craven recently had a baby boy, Cullen, on March 27, 2017.
- Katie Rozycki accepted the position as a marketing manager at Graham-Pelton Consulting.
- Jeromy Bullman and wife Amy had a baby girl, Blake, on Aug. 9, 2016.
- Erin Carson welcomed her daughter, Quinn, into the world on August 23, 2018.
- Rebecca Cobbledick and Michael Cobbledick had a baby boy, Michael, on Aug. 12, 2016.
- Ashley Collins was recently hired as the new HR Consultant for Recruitment for the City of Asheville.
- After almost twelve years in the world of events, Brian Davis has stepped away from events and started a new career in Donor Relations for UNC Asheville.
- Charles Davis was accepted to the August 2016 Military’s Interservice Physician Assistant Program.
- Sarah Davis and Phil Kudisch had a baby boy, Oliver, on Sept. 11, 2016.
- Stephanie Suggs Day '06 and her husband, William, welcomed a baby girl, Jasmine, on July 15, 2017.
- Ian Dennis moved back to Winston-Salem in 2009 and began making his own creatures — soft sculptures and plush toys are also good names for his art — under the name Denizens Plush.
- Natasha Creticos Edwards got married to Chad Bryant Edwards and just had a baby girl, Abigail, on August 26, 2017.
- Sarah Elniff graduated with a Master's of Education in early childhood intervention and family support from UNC in 2016. At the end of the summer she is publishing a board book for NICU families. You will be able to find it at: mymightylittleone.com
- Kim Garrett got married to Jordan Payne on June 24, 2017.
- Grant Gilmore recently became the Morning Meteorologist at WTSP (CBS) in Tampa, Florida.
- Briana Hastings and Daniel Hastings ’02 had a baby girl, Adelaide, on April 10, 2016.
- Jessica Kammerud is pursuing an MFA in Stage Properties at UNC School of the Arts.
- Maribeth Kiser married Marcus Spake on June 21, 2016.
- Megan Pippitt and Charles Pippitt '06 had a baby boy, Tyson, on January 24.
- Katie Potter and Stephen Sewell had a baby boy, Ryan on March 31, 2017.
- Ryan Stone and his wife, Meredith, welcomed a baby girl, Olivia, on June 10, 2017.
- Ariesto Widyaguna is now the CEO of PT Aston Energy International.
- Winslow Dean and Matthew Dean had a baby boy, Newman, on March 20, 2017.
- Greg and Ashley Garrison had a baby girl, Lily, on Aug. 3, 2016, and are celebrating their 10 year anniversary with The Hop.
- Sean Heuser was recently promoted to NC ECOnet manager for the State Climate Office of North Carolina.
- David Jenkins and Kerry Jenkins welcomed a baby boy, Owen, on June 20, 2016.
- Jennifer Lunsford and her husband Ronald had a baby boy, Ryder, on Aug. 1, 2016.
- Charlotte McKinney recently celebrated the birth of her daughter, Stella, on August 28, 2017.
- Kasey McDevitt Lane and her husband, Brian, welcomed a baby girl, Serena, on August 3, 2017.
- Heather Smith and husband Ben welcomed a baby girl, Sofia, on June 24.
- Mary Arfmann '04 and Doug Arfmann '02 welcomed a baby girl, Nali Grace, on April 2, 2016.
- Clinton Barden and Victoria Barden '08 recently had a baby boy, Henry, on March 25, 2017.
- Samantha Bowers and her husband Peter Pfister turned their corner lot on Westover Drive in Asheville into a virtual Garden of Eden. The couple will open their garden to the public June 16 as one of eight homes in the historic Montford area participating in the Asheville GreenWorks Summer Garden Tour.
- Amber Brown and her husband welcomed a baby boy, Finn, on May 27, 2017.
- Megan Cole earned a Masters of Social Work from UNC Chapel Hill in 2008, and has been a social worker for Hospice of Rockingham County for 7 years.
- Jennifer Dintsch recently became the Technical Manager in the Peer Review Department at AICPA.
- Tara Sanders and Michael Sanders recently had a baby boy, Jacob, on March 26, 2017.
- This fall, Sonsera Kiger began a new position as Development Director for the Hispanic League, a non-profit organization dedicated to multi-cultural academic outreach.
- Amanda LaRue and John LaRue had a baby girl, Molly, on Oct. 5, 2016.
- John Mitchell and Meredith Mitchell had a baby girl, Catherine, on July 1, 2016.
- Aaron Rembert and his wife Angela had a baby boy, Reid, on March 27, 2016.
- Kevin Rice is conducting research at Mizzou to develop an attract-and-kill management strategy for Japanese beetles.
- Susan Smallwood married Tyler Berg on May 15, 2016.
- Anelle Ammons earned a Master of Horticultural Science from NC State University on May 12, 2018.
- Tony Barlage recently became the Program Director for Spirit Environmental's Denver CO office.
- Carly DaCunha and her husband welcomed a baby girl, Charlotte, on April 12, 2017.
- Jennifer Hill and James Hill had a baby boy, Israel, on July 27, 2016.
- Heather Houser, principal of Union Elementary, was named 2015-16 Lincoln County Schools Principal of the Year.
- Brian McElreath received an A.V. Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell from 2014 to 2017, Best Lawyers® recognized him among the leading workers' compensation defense attorneys in the country in 2016 & 2017, and Super Lawyers selected McElreath as a 2017 South Carolina Rising Star. McElreath authored a chapter in the upcoming 7th Edition of The Longshore Textbook. In March he spoke as part of the Professionalism in Settlement Negotiations panel at the 2017 Annual Longshore Conference at Loyola Law School in New Orleans, LA. McElreath is teaching workers' compensation as an adjunct professor at the Charleston School of Law in the fall of 2017.
- William “Skip” Rohde’s “Faces of Afganistan,” a series of 52 drawings, will be a part of the Post-9/11 Veteran Art collection of the Smithsonian Museum of American History.
- Robert Rudder has a new baby, Addison, born on June 6, 2016.
- Ken Saunders, III became the Rector for St. James Episcopal Church in Greeneville, Tennessee.
- Jeremy S. Shrader, of Carruthers & Roth, P.A. in Greensboro, NC, was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018 for the practice area of Real Estate Law.
- Letisha Trescott and Adam Trescott had a baby girl, Ansley, on February 11, 2017.
- The Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS) named Alison M. Armstrong, collection management librarian in the McConnell Library at Radford University, the winner of the 2018 Esther J. Piercy Award.
- Emily Bruggeman earned her Ph.D. in neuroscience from Georgia State University.
- Alison Fields is encouraging forest protection through the art of storytelling.
- Brian McElreath is teaching workers' compensation as an adjunct professor at the Charleston School of Law in fall 2017.
- Lena Richards was named Marketing Director for WithersRavenal engineering firm.
- Emily Sharples recently accepted a new job at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University. She is the Assistant Director of Graduate Career Services and Alumni Relations.
- Ryan Southern and Terese Southern '01 had a baby girl, Evangeline, on February 14, 2017.
- Amelia Stamps will be relocating her studio after the Woodland Art Fair, joining Stacey R. Chinn who has the Made KY shop in the Distillery District of Lexington, Kentucky.
- Zach Walker and his colleague Sarah Louise Miller '93 have been selected as the first ever Duo Team of Theatre Teachers to have the distinction of earning the 2017 North Carolina Theatre Conference (NCTC) Theatre Arts Educator Award.
- Julie Covington will be the Featured Artist during July at the Asheville Ceramics Gallery in the River Arts District of Asheville, NC.
- Tabitha Daniels and her husband, Brian, welcomed a baby boy, Leo, into their family on July 14, 2017.
- William Hirst and Carla Hirst had a baby boy, Liam, on April 16, 2016.
- Amber Snipes got married to Brian Reddick in 2015, and recently welcomed a baby girl, Harper, on October 15, 2017.
- Robyn Bacon married Eric Zickerman on December 9, 2016.
- Marc Baldwin and wife Jennifer welcomed a baby girl, Stella, on June 19, 2016.
- Holly Beveridge recently opened Studio HB Events & Communication, a new event and conference planning business in Flat Rock, NC.
- Kinneil Coltman and her husband, Mark, welcomed a baby girl, Sayla Rose, on July 19, 2017.
- Jenni Davis recently got married to Jordan Elks on April 8, 2017.
- Marcus Dover and Grace Wang had a baby girl, Ellis, on March 21, 2017.
- Melissa Elliot has been named principal at Pleasant Gardens Elementary for the 2018-2019 acadmic year.
- Meredith Newlin published her book, Captured Fireflies: Truths, Mistakes, And Other Gifts of Being an English Teacher, on November 19, 2017.
- Bess Newton was appointed to the position of Executive Director for Under One Sky Village Foundation, with the mission to give youth in foster care a community to call their own.
- Greg Rippin accepted the position as a Technical Director at Freakonomics Radio.
- Dr. Carrie Simmons was named Executive Director of the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council and will take the helm on June 1, 2018.
- Lewis Winder got married on June 11, 2016, and moved from Brooklyn, N.Y. to Lexington, K.Y. to attend medical school at the University of Kentucky this fall.
- Lewis Winder and his wife, Frances Edwards, welcomed their first child, Reed, on March 21, 2017.
- Travis Bryenton and his wife welcomed a baby boy, Everett, on May 14, 2017.
- Jeremy Gustrowsky has recently been named partner at Indianapolis-based Woodard, Emhardt, Moriarty, McNett & Henry LLP.
- Josh Littlejohn has recently been promoted to member attorney at national plaintiff's law firm Motley Rice LLC.
- Greg Matthews recently became a fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Enrolled Actuary.
- Marquis McGee was the recipient of the inaugural multicultural alumni award from UNC Asheville.
- Kale Olson, a Senior Vice President and Wealth Advisor, has 17 years of experience, primarily at UBS and, most recently, at Oppenheimer & Co. He has earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) designation and joined Hilliard Lyons in Asheville, NC.
- Dr. Leigh Spicer was appointed as a Medical Director of Select Health of South Carolina.
- James Wallace recently completed a PhD in Organizational Leadership from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
- Christopher Brooker, partner in the Louisville of ce of Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, has been selected for the 2016 edition of the first-ever “Under 40 Hot List” of Benchmark Litigation.
- Teneal Pardue completed a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction: Mathematics Education from UNC Charlotte and is an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Queens University of Charlotte.
- Renee Roberson recently accepted the position of Director of Marketing and Development at Davidson Community Players, a nonprofit theatre company in Davidson, N.C.
- Dana Wilson married Jim Harris on April 4, 2016.
- Dr. Adam Bradley was promoted to principal engineer at Amazon.com.
- Jason Faunt packed his bags after graduating and moved to Los Angeles, CA to become an actor. Faunt landed a role on NBC soap opera, "Sunset Beach" prior to staring in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The critically acclaimed show has earned Faunt many other roles.
- Allison Jordan recently accepted the position as an Executive Coach for Communities In Schools of North Carolina.
- Dr. Pamela Meliski and Jay Meliski had a baby girl, Addison, on Aug. 12, 2016.
- Jessica Nunn recently got married to Phillip Gilfus on April 22, 2017.
- Deborah Hart-Serafini recently got certified in permaculture design and primal health coaching. Deb and her husband Frank are developing a four-acre food forest in Sapphire, N.C.
- Colonel Charles Morrison accepted a position as the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Training for the NC Army National Guard.
- Joshua Tan and wife Thanh Tan had a baby son, Rapha.
- Tracy Wilson married Patrick Clapp in April 2016, and is now host of the Stuff You Missed in History Class podcast and editorial advisor at HowStuffWorks.com.
- Karen Bell married Patrick Bell on Nov. 19, 2016. Also, on October 1, 2016 became an elections administration project consultant for FairVote and the development of RankedChoiceVoting.Org.
- Lt. Darrell Keller, Jr. recently became an 11th grade AP and Honors History Teacher at Thomas Jefferson Classical Academy.
- Ben Leonard and Tracy Leonard recently had a baby girl, Arabella, on April 18, 2017.
- Shawn Gallaher received his Ph.D. in Physical Oceanography from the Naval Postgraduate School on September 23, 2016. He is now teaching at the Naval Academy
- Dr. Marc Kiviniemi joined the University of Kentucky College of Public Health as Chair of Health, Behavior and Society.
- Samantha Sircey completed her Ed.D. through Western Carolina University in 2017, and was named principal of North Buncombe High School.
- Dan Cloninger, Jr. retired from NC Air Guard as a C-130 Navigator in 2011.
- Sandy Hall married Carolyn on September 19, 2015.
- Susanne Holland completed her Master of Library Science Degree from East Carolina University in December, 2017.
- Sam McRae is a special agent with the U.S. Diplomatic Security Service.
- Sarah Louise Miller and her colleague Zach Walker '02 have been selected as the first ever Duo Team of Theatre Teachers to have the distinction of earning the 2017 North Carolina Theatre Conference (NCTC) Theatre Arts Educator Award.
- Former UNC Asheville baseball player, Mike Shildt, has been named the interim manager for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Christopher Boe was appointed Dean of the School of Education at Pfeiffer University in June 2018. He has served the university for 14 years and achieved career status as a full professor.
- Melody Eppler is now an office administrator for Medallion Pool.
- Coach Epley and his wife Rebecca, are now parents of five children, and Coach serves as a Mission Pastor at Oakwood Church in New Braunfels, Texas.
- Tiffany Schoff Sen recently accepted the position as Head of Procurement & Financial Operations at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
- Franky Pelaez describes his four years as Loyola's Women's Soccer Associate Head Coach as a passion for soccer, and life in general. At Marquette, Pelaez built the soccer program with his college roommate, Markus Roeders. Together, they led the Golden Eagles to nine Big East Conference regular season championships, five Big East titles, two Big East Tournament Championships and a pair of Conference USA Tournament titles.
- Norman Harris was promoted to senior manager of global security operations at a Fortune 200 company.
- Dr. Lee Pearson has been named associate dean for operations and accreditation at the University of South Carolina's Arnold School of Public Health.
- George Pruitt recently published his latest book, "The Ultimate Algorithmic Trading System Toolbox + Website: Using Today's Technology To Help You Become A Better Trader." (2/23/17)
- Ashley Steffens is an associate professor in the College of Environment and Design, helping students gain the practical skills they need to be successful in the profession of landscape architecture.
- Dr. Jonathan Pullin is the founding principal of the Essie Mae Kiser Foxx Charter School in East Spencer, NC, opening August 22, 2018.
- Karen Brown is a full time Artist, showing her art at the Asheville Gallery of Art and Woolworth Walk downtown Asheville.
- Rená Johnson and her husband Richard recently opened a new business, KoleKole Ice, featuring snow cones and funnel cakes.
- Teryll Higgins is a neurofeedback trainer with the ICAN study. A joint reseacrch study with UNCA & Ohio State University. It studies the effect of neurofeedback on improving attention in children with ADHD.
- Cheif District Court Judge Athena Brooks was nominated to serve the state as a Special Superior Court Judges.
- Dee McKinney was recently named Professor of History and Associate Dean of Teaching and Learning at East Georgia State College.
- Jeffrey Richardson has recently been named Albemarle's county executive.
- Fred Weinman, III has been named managing director of the Bonita Springs, Florida office for Northern Trust.
- JC Parker recently completed his 30th year in the semiconductor industry. His career began in '88 (post-MSEE from NCSU) with AT&T Bell Laboratories in Allentown, PA. He is currently a senior director of IP and design methodology with Intel.
Mark Magee began leading the Salesforce.com Consulting Practice for Eastern US at Appirio.
Bud Young was promoted as the US Operations Manager of The Quartz Corp.
- Marcus Kindley served as an Alternate Elector for the North Carolina Electoral College, casting votes for President of the United States on December 19, 2016 in the Old State House in Raleigh. There are only two alternates for North Carolina. On Saturday Nov. 11, 2017 Marcus Kindley was inducted into the North Carolina Republican Party Hall of Fame.
- R. Christopher Mathis, president of Mathis Consulting Company in Asheville, N.C., will be serving a three-year term on the ASTM International Board of Directors.
- Dr. Zollie Stevenson, Jr., is the new vice president for academic affairs and chief academic officer at Philander Smith College in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Dr. David Szymanski, class of 1979, was chosen to be the University of Noth Florida's next president.
- Kaye Lanning Minchew '78 was named Georgia's Writer of Year for History.
- Terry Roberts will receive the 2016 Thomas Wolfe Memorial Literary Award for his novel, "That Bright Land."
- Terry Price was recently promoted to Executive Director of Conferences and Event Services at Texas Lutheran University.
- Jane Nicholson was presented with the College News Association of the Carolinas’ H. Lewis Gaston Award for outstanding service. The award is presented for outstanding service to CNAC and for accomplishments in higher education public relations, communications or marketing.
- David Ramseur published his first book, "Melting the Ice Curtain: The Extraordinary Story of Citizen Diplomacy on the Russia-Alaska Frontier," with University of Alaska Press.
- Donald Calloway retired from U. S. Navy in 1994 as (O-4) Lieutenant Commander, and retired from WV Government service in 2015 after 20 years.
- George Coggan recently retired from teaching grades 4-5 for 38 years, including 6 years as an Adjunct Professor at Nova University and Edison State College. Upon retiring from education, George joined Century 21 Affiliated in 2014 as an Agent in Land O' Lakes, Florida.
- Paul Deason, Jr. retired in November 2017 after 38 years of working in the US Department of Energy Complex.
- Roy Shipman retired after a 40+ year career in law enforcement and related activities. He most recently served 14 years as a Senior Field Investigator in North Carolina, conducting National Security Background Investigations including individuals being cleared for assignment to The White House. He also has authored three books covering the history of High Point, NC, served as the Chairman of the 125th Anniversary Celebration for the City of High Point, chaired the Historic Preservation Commission, and served for seven years on the local Board of Education.
- Jim Creighton will be celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary with his wife, Toni.
- Nancy Dillingham's latest book Like Headlines: New and Collected Poems, with Introduction : "Headlines, Heartlines" by Fred Chappell has been released by Red Dirt Press.
No Class Notes
Florence L. Shelor, class of 1974, passed away on August 6, 2018.
Sam B. Parker, class of 1952, passed away on August 12, 2018.
Margret Cohn Caplan, friend of the university, passed away on August 7, 2018.
James H. Taylor, Jr., OLLI member, passed away on July 22, 2018.
C.D. Spangler, Jr., class of 1997 and honarary doctorate recipient in 2011, passed away on July 22, 2018.
James D. Johnson, retired UNC Asheville staff, passed away on July 17, 2018.
Susan H. Groce, retired UNC Asheville staff, passed away on July 24, 2018.
Richard W. Ellis, OLLI member, passed away on July 12, 2018.
Taylor V. White, former student, passed away on July 7, 2018.
Helen T. Hall, friend of the university, passed away on June 29, 2018.
Albert H. Gudger, Sr., Friend of the university, passed away on May 9, 2018.
George A. Nicholson, former student, passed away on April 21, 2018.
Walter Williams, former Staff Member, passed away on April 20, 2018.
Paul B. Summey, former UNCA employee and OLLI member, passed away on April 1, 2018. (04/19/2018)
Kirby L. Randolph, former student, passed away on April 5, 2018. (04/19/2018)
Arthur E. McGaha, Jr., class of 1954, passed away on March 5, 2018. (03/19/2018)
Rebecca J. Reinhardt, class of 1997, passed away on March 2, 2018. (03/19/2018)
Irwin Belk, 1995 Honorary Doctorate and former Board of Governors member, passed away on February 24, 2018. (03/19/2018)
Charles J. Lance, retired staff member, passed away on February 14, 2018. (03/19/2018)
Bretney Smith, Jr., friend of the university, passed away on February 3, 2018. (03/19/2018)
Dr. Paul Klaas passed away on January 14, 2018. (03/19/2018)
David C. Swann, friend of the university, passed away on January 23, 2018. (2/8/2018)
George W. Lindsey, class of 1959, passed away on January 9, 2018. (01/26/18)
Joy Gossett, friend of the library, passed way on December 20, 2017. (01/10/18)
Cynthia L. Hicks, class of 1979, passed away on December 19, 2017. (01/10/18)
Eleanor S. Fluharty, class of 1936, passed away on December 10, 2017. (01/10/18)
Seamus P. McNerney, former faculty member, passed away on August 26, 2017. (12/15/17)
Taylor Fisher, former student and employee, passed away on December 3, 2017. (12/15/17)
Peggie L. Carey, friend of the University, passed away on December 1, 2017. (12/15/17)
Jordan H. McCurry, former student, passed away on November 24, 2017. (12/11/17)
Nicholas P. Jordan, OLLI Student, passed away on November 29, 2017. (12/11/17)
Mary L. Frank, class of 2001, passed away on December 2, 2017. (12/11/17)
Grover W. Penley, class of 1941, passed away on November 12, 2010. (12/5/17)
Laura Moore, friend of the University, passed away on November 18, 2017. (12/5/17)
Charles Hubbard, friend of the University, passed away on November 24, 2017. (12/5/17)
Ione W. Morgan, friend of the University, passed away on November 11, 2017. (12/5/17)
Joan W. Jones, class of 1982, passed away on November 13, 2017. (12/5/17)
John E. Reinhold, friend of the University, passed away on August 20, 2010. (12/5/17)
Jane Luther, class of 1969, passed away on October 14, 2017. (12/5/17)
Barbara Frady, class of 1976, passed away November 1, 2017. (12/5/17)
Daniel Tapia, friend of the University, Passed away on October 22, 2017. (11/6/17)
Helen Stewart, class of 1983 and former Adjunct Instructor, passed away on October 23, 2017. (11/6/17)
Garret Kilgore, class of 2008, passed away on October 17, 2017. (11/6/17)
Ernest Harris Jernigan, former Basketball Coach and Professor at Asheville-Biltmore College passed away on October 2, 2017. (10/18/17)
Carolyn B. Young, retired UNC Asheville employee, passed awat on October 6, 2017. (10/18/17)
Robert Mayer passed away on September 22, 2017. (10/18/17)
Lee J. Reynolds, former UNC Asheville employee and spouse of former UNC Asheville professor Barbara "Kitti" Reynolds, passed away on September 14, 2017. (10/18/17)
Kathryn Warner, former student and friend, passed away on August 11, 2017. (8/30/17)
Elaine Bronstein, Centurian and Friend of Music, passed away on August 10, 2017. (8/30/17)
Gordon Ramsey, former student, passed away on July 26, 2017. (8/9/17)
Conrad Maney, class of 1995, passed away on August 3, 2017. (8/9/17)
Lillian Reynolds, class of 1937, passed away on July 23, 2017. (8/3/17)
Darryl Gentry, OLLI student, passed away on March 22, 2017. (8/3/17)
Alexander Berkow, former student, passed away on July 21, 2017. (8/3/17)
Pauline Wilcox, dear friend, passed away on July 25, 2017. (8/3/17)
Mary Cogburn, university friend, passed away on July 12, 2017. (7/28/17)
Charles Carreno, former employee, passed away on July 19, 2017. (7/26/17)
Eloise Clark, former OLLI student, passed away on May 10, 2017. (7/26/17)
Ridge Oliver, former student, passed away on July 2, 2017. (7/20/17)
Kimara Parker Bacon, class of 1999, passed away on June 30, 2017. (7/17/17)
Lisa Fuller, class of 2004, passed away on June 23, 2017. (7/6/17)
Connie Brown Nickerson, class of 1972, passed away on June 23, 2017. (6/28/17)
Samuel Dexter Suibb, Former Chemistry Department Chair and Faculty , passed away on June 17, 2017.(6/28/17)
Alberta Starnes, class of 1983, passed away on June 2, 2017. (6/22/17)
Kathryn Byer, formerly the poet laureate of North Carolina, passed away on June 5, 2017. (6/22/17)
Gentry Drake, dear friend, passed away on June 8, 2017. (6/22/17)
Anne Twitchell, OLLI student, passed away on June 3, 2017. (6/22/17)
James L. Brown, III, former student, passed away on May 10, 2017. (5/24/17)
Carmen G. OMalley, class of 1978, passed away on May 8, 2017. (5/17/17)
Joseph R. Bly, Jr, class of 1977, passed away on April 24, 2017. (5/24/17)
Dr. Shelley M. Sneed, class of 1971, passed away on March 18, 2017. 3/29/17
James H. Collins, class of 1957, passed away on March 6, 2017. 3/16/17
Maria A. Penta, class of 1994, passed away on February 26, 2017. 3/8/17
Gregg A. Stepp, class of 2005, passed away on February 25, 2017. 3/8/17
James D. Ledford, class of 1958, passed away on Janaury 21, 2017. 1/25/17
George A. Redmond, class of 1980, passed away on January 6, 2017. 1/25/17
Thomas F. Stork, class of 1971, passed away on January 2, 2017. 1/23/17
Jeffrey Hutson, class of 1992, passed away on December 7, 2016. 12/14/16
Robert Pratt, class of 1996, passed away on October 27, 2016. 12/01/16
Anne Tremblay, class of 1987, passed away on November 13, 2016. 11/17/16
Betty Runnion, class of 1950, passed away October 5, 2016. 10/13/16
James Spratt, class of 1978, passed away on September 24, 2016. 10/6/16
Virginia Aberle, class of 2010, passed away August 3, 2016. 9/6/16
Edith Bryan, class of 1945, passed away March 25, 2016. 4/19/16
Michael Calto, class of 1992, passed away April 22, 2016. 5/13/16
Mildred Carswell, class of 1944, passed away August 22, 2016. 9/1/16
Orville Coward, former Board of Govenors, passed away July 7, 2016. 7/14/16
John Dakoski, III, class of 2000, passed away June 20, 2016. 6/24/16
Heath Dobson, former student, passed away March 24, 2016. 4/19/16
Grace Eaton, class of 2006, passed away on July 5, 2016. 7/13/16
Melanie Fore, class of 1995, passed away on January 30, 2016. 2/3/16
Jessic Grubb, former student, passed away on March 2, 2016. 5/10/16
Chris Hall, class of 1992, passed away June 12, 2016. 6/24/16
Dorothy Jackson, class of 1946, passed away April 10, 2016. 4/21/16
Donald Jones, class of 1953, passed away July 6, 2016. 7/14/16
Katie Kay, retired staff, passed away May 5, 2016. 7/12/16
David Clayton "Clay" Lawson, Jr., class of 1993, passed away on February 20, 2016. 5/31/16
Gawain Mainwaring, class of 1993, passed away on February 1, 2016. 2/8/16
Robert Maney, class of 1949, passed away on January 2, 2016. 1/15/16
Martha McNair, former student, passed away on April 12, 2016. 5/10/16
Joseph Arthur Patelidas, class of 1952, passed away on October 28, 2015. 11/12/15
Bettie Pritchard, class of 1967, passed away on October 7, 2015. 11/3/15
Betty Runnion, class of 1950, passed away October 5, 2016. 10/13/16
Christopher Staton Jr., class of 1976, passed away on February 17, 2015. 2/27/15
Larry R. Sluder, class of 1969, passed away on July 20th, 2015. 7/30/15
Rev. Max Wilson Smith, class of 1974, passed away on November 18th, 2015. 12/3/15
Cynthia Tellup, class of 1984, passed away on March 9, 2016. 5/10/16
Harry Tolley, class of 1956, passed away on May 9th, 2016. 7/12/16